Brief Media, the respected publisher of Clinician’s Brief, announces the launch of Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs. This digital veterinary drug reference is the official digital resource of the Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook.
Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs results from an innovative partnership between Brief Media and renowned veterinary pharmacology expert Donald C. Plumb, PharmD. This new platform brings the world’s most complete animal drug reference to a modern digital platform.
“Busy veterinary professionals can now have unparalleled access to this essential reference on their smartphones, tablets, and computers. This new digital format is uniquely current, empowering practitioners with continual medication updates as new drugs and research become available.”Caleb Frankel, VMD, Director of New Product Development at Brief Media
For Elizabeth Green, Brief Media’s founder and CEO, Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs represents a broader mission to ease pain points for veterinary teams worldwide.
“The introduction of Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs marks a seminal moment both for our company and for the veterinary profession. Along with other planned point-of-care tools, we are proud to continue to deliver on our mission of providing veterinarians with trusted clinical information in an efficient format.”Elizabeth Green, Brief Media Founder and CEO
A Look at the New Plumb’s
- Meticulously designed to make it the most usable veterinary reference on the market.
- Complete with the entire contents of the forthcoming 8th edition of the Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook. This is the most comprehensive revision to Plumb’s yet.
- Improved with streamlined dosage information that reflects the latest evidence-based recommendations combined with the clinical expertise that uniquely defines Plumb’s.
- Includes more than 40 new drugs and updates to more than 80% of drugs
- Also includes a greatly expanded ophthalmology drug section and novel sections detailing multidrug sensitivity, drug compounding, and toxicology information.
Veterinary professionals can access Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs for an annual subscription fee, eliminating the need to purchase future editions. Verified veterinary students can access Plumb’s for a special discounted rate as long as they are in school.
More to Come
We’ve planned additional enhancements for the coming months. Watch for iOS and Android apps, a feature for saving notes, and printable drug information sheets for pet owners.
Veterinarians, veterinary students, veterinary nurses, and pharmacy professionals can learn more about Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs on our website.